How My Book Hit #1 On Amazon Using These Simple, FREE Tactics
I've been getting a lot of questions about how I got my book self-published on Amazon.
Some of it was luck, but a bit of it was planning. Here's how I did it:
1. I Wrote My Book in Google Docs
It's a versatile tool you can use anywhere. If you want to be ahead of the curve, log into Amazon, Kindle Publishing platform (more on that soon) and click here - bit.ly/kdpsizes. This will give you all the sizes and formats you'll need.
You can then download the size, upload it to Google Docs and create your book in the correct formatting. Trust me, it will save you in the long run.
2. An Editor with a Masters in English Reviewed My Book for Less than $100
Once I was done, I had an editor review my book. I don't use Fiverr much anymore but found an amazing editor with a master's in English to edit my book. Be sure to review:
- Recent Work
My book was 140 pages and cost $85 to edit. Insane.
3. Our Designer Created a Great Cover
Make sure your fonts are large, your title is bolded and that it stands out from the crowd. Search Amazon categories and look at the designs of top books.
Use this - bit.ly/amazonbooksearch to find the category of your book choice.
4. I Used Kindle Direct Publishing to Launch
Once editing is complete, use the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing platform to self-publish. It walks you through:
- adding your book information
- pricing your book accordingly
- setting up paperback and Kindle versions
- POD: Amazon will print and ship your book ONLY when ordered!
5. I Did a Bit of Marketing
Here was my strategy:
- Create a list of friends and family (low hanging fruit)
- Message FB group I'd been building with the news (2,500 members)
- Place a call to action in EVERY recent article on our blog for visitors (quick image with click to Amazon)
5.5. More Marketing
- "Viral-Style" Instagram posts (like this - bit.ly/2X0C70J) work well. Text on top, the image on the bottom.
- Email campaign on launch
- Updated all staff email signatures to reflect the change
- Content, content, and CONTENT!
- #1 in sales in the wealth management category on Amazon
- #3 in sales in the last 30 days in the wealth management category
- More than $10,000 in sales! - passive income!
To check out my book, click HERE. I hope this helps with your writing journey!
June 11, 2019