My Favorite Life Hacks For Productivity
Before I unplug for the day, I wanted to reveal my favorite life hacks for productivity.
Ok, here we go!
1. Turn off notifications
They break concentration. I only have 5 on my phone.
- Launch Settings app on your phone
- Tap Notifications
- Select the app for which you want get an audible alert
- Toggle the Allow Notifications switch off
2. Use Unroll.me to declutter email
This nifty free tool let's you unsubscribe from 100s of email lists in minutes. You can even handle your favorites into one daily email.
This will change your whole life. Best way to inbox 0.
3. DO NOT use your phone in the first hour after waking up
Exercise, talk with your spouse, read, but do't start the day checking your email or social. It will trap you for a while in an endless loop of swipes.
Calendly will absolutely change how you look at your calendar. The free app allows you to schedule meetings without the back-and-forth emails.
Block times that work for you and let other choose a time that works. It's flawless and has tons of integrations!
5. Listen to Podcasts on your commute or workout
I'm a super hip-hop head, but share that time with listening to podcasts. It's SO productive and learn a ton while listening.
- @BiggerPockets Podcast
- @HowIBuiltThis Podcast
June 16, 2019